Walanda is a social networking site which was created in 2016 and is designed specifically for the education community. The goal of the site is to allow registered members to establish and document networks of people they can share ideas and knowledge with. We as Walanda bring both social and educational fun within your fingertips. Our main aim is to create a user friendly social platform where our users have the ability to share variance educational questions at every level of education and still enjoy chatting with their loved ones. We cover a wide range of questions from early primary to higher levels of our educational system such as university and college levels respectively, the aim is to get reliable feedback and have more understanding for our students out there and even do your research with reliable information. Advancements in technology make it possible for our users to save any type of file like PDF, JPG, MP3 and many more so that you our users may have great access to your most treasured memories.
Terms & Conditions
USE OF ANY PART OF THE WEBSITE WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR AGREEMENT TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES.
If you do not agree with these rules, please do not use the Website. Your use of the Website constitutes agreement to these terms and conditions.
The Walanda Rules
We believe that everyone should have the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers. In order to protect the experience and safety of people who use Walanda, there are some limitations on the type of content and behavior that we allow. All users must adhere to the policies set forth in the Walanda Rules. Failure to do so may result in the temporary locking and/or permanent suspension of account(s).
Please note that we may need to change these rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so.
Content Boundaries and Use of Walanda
In order to provide the Walanda service and the ability to communicate and stay connected with others, there are some limitations on the type of content that can be published with Walanda.
- Trademark: We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
- Copyright: We will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement. Our copyright procedures are set forth in the Terms of Service.
- Graphic content: You may not use pornographic or excessively violent media in your profile image or header image. Walanda may allow some forms of graphic content in Post’s marked assensitive media. When content crosses the line into gratuitous images of death, Walanda may ask that you remove the content out of respect for the deceased.
- Unlawful use: You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of illegal activities. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- Misuse of Walanda badges: You may not use badges, such as but not limited to the “promoted” or “verified” Walanda badge, unless provided by Walanda. Accounts using these badges as part of profile photos, header photos, or in a way that falsely implies affiliation with Walanda, may be suspended.
We believe in freedom of expression and in speaking truth to power, but that means little as an underlying philosophy if voices are silenced because people are afraid to speak up. In order to ensure that people feel safe expressing diverse opinions and beliefs, we do not tolerate behavior that crosses the line into abuse, including behavior that harasses, intimidates, or uses fear to silence another user’s voice.
Any accounts and related accounts engaging in the activities specified below may be temporarily locked and/or subject to permanent suspension.
- Violent threats (direct or indirect): You may not make threats of violence or promote violence, including threatening or promoting terrorism.
- Harassment: You may not incite or engage in the targeted abuse or harassment of others. Some of the factors that we may consider when evaluating abusive behavior include:
- if a primary purpose of the reported account is to harass or send abusive messages to others;
- if the reported behavior is one-sided or includes threats;
- if the reported account is inciting others to harass another account; and
- If the reported account is sending harassing messages to an account from multiple accounts.
- Hateful conduct: You may not promote violence against or directly attack or threaten other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or disease. We also do not allow accounts whose primary purpose is inciting harm towards others on the basis of these categories.
- Multiple account abuse: Creating multiple accounts with overlapping uses or in order to evade the temporary or permanent suspension of a separate account is not allowed.
- Private information: You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, street address, or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission. In addition, you may not post intimate photos or videos that were taken or distributed without the subject’s consent.
- Impersonation: You may not impersonate others through the Walanda service in a manner that is intended to or does mislead, confuse, or deceive others.
- Self-harm: You may encounter someone considering suicide or self harm on Walanda. When we receive reports that a person is threatening suicide or self harm, we may take a number of steps to assist them, such as reaching out to that person expressing our concern and the concern of other users on Walanda or providing resources such as contact information for our mental health partners.
We strive to protect people on Walanda from technical abuse and spam. Any accounts engaging in the activities specified below may be temporarily locked or subject to permanent suspension.
- Username squatting: You may not engage in username squatting. Accounts that are inactive for more than six months may also be removed without further notice. Some of the factors we take into consideration when determining what conduct is considered to be username squatting are:
- the number of accounts created;
- creating accounts for the purpose of preventing others from using those account names;
- creating accounts for the purpose of selling those accounts; and
- Using feeds of third-party content to update and maintain accounts under the names of those third parties.
- Invitation spam: You may not use Walanda.info’s address book contact import to send repeat, mass invitations.
- Selling usernames: You may not buy or sell Walanda usernames.
- Malware/Phishing: You may not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another person’s browser or computer or to compromise a person’s privacy